Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Time Blogger

Well, this is the first time I've ever done this so I'm not sure what I'm doing.  My husband started an Etsy shop so I thought I would try this to see if I could help him promote it.  He loves to make things and so do I.  What he really likes is being outside I do to but, not like him.  He started picking up rocks and coming home with pockets full.  I asked him what he planned on doing with them and he said he was going to polish them.  So we went to Michael's and bought a kids rock tumbler.  Well that worked really good for the little rocks but, he was bringing home some pretty big ones.  He ended up getting a bigger one and it was constantly running.  It wasn't real loud when we were in the house so that was good.  I was able to sleep. 

So now we have soooooooooo many beautifully polshed rocks what are we going to do with them. He told me to make some jewelry out of them.  I'm not sure how to do that so I started to research, of course I googled it.  I was amazed at what I found.  So I ordered some videos and they were really interesting.  So of course then I had to order some wire and tools which I did and I started wrapping.  I have to say I got pretty addicted to it.  I found that I really enjoyed working with the wire.  Well then I decided to start looking at beads, BIG BIG MISTAKE, I've got more beads now than I know what to do with.  Not as many as my sister but, I'm getting close.

My husband has been making hiking sticks and walking canes from juniper.  He's really been having fun doing it.  He's given some out as gifts.  Our daughter suggested we open the Etsy shop so she sat down with her dad and they did it.  She's had one for a while she makes beautiful bows and she's been really enjoying it.  So she knew that we would too.  I have to admit it really is fun. 

Well guess I'd better go for now that's about all there is for today.  Till next time.  If anybody reads this hope you enjoy it.  Leave me some comments if you like.  If you'd like to check out our Etsy Shop you are welcome to it's: brazosriversticks.etsy.com
Have a great night!
Lou Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment